TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your agreement with Latin Roots Edinburgh (LR)
By accessing and using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, when using these particular services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service
1.MEMBERS AND NON – MEMBERS
1.1 GENERAL TERMS – APPLICABLE TO ALL CLIENTS
Conditions to attend classes:
- Booking in advance is essential for all classes. You can join the classes at any time. Only choreographies will vary.
- Numbers are restricted, and classes are filled on a first come first served basis.
- All students are required to stay within their level. Beginner Members can only do beginners classes. All members have access to beginner class if they wish to, subject to availability. Beginner students will always have preference. For students wishing to move to Intermediate level classes, assessment needs to take place with LR Team.
- If you have booked yourself onto an Intermediate class before previously contacting the LR Team you will not be approved to attend the class.
- Regular classes duration is 45 mins (unless otherwise stated).
- Arrive 15 minutes before the first class and sign in or scan your members card. You will be asked to complete an enrolment form if you haven’t registered and booked online.
- Sign in or scan your members card every day before your class(es) start to mark your attendance. If you miss or late cancel 2 or more classes within a block you will be penalised £10. We ask that you are respectful with your bookings, so somebody else can attend the class.
- All recurring payments are taken every 4 weeks. We work on 4 week block basis for any other purchase than a single drop-in.
- One Day Free Trial – these are only valid for new clients at LR. Must be claimed through our website or mobile app and booked in advance.
- Eight class card gives you access to 8 classes of any style within your level. This is valid for a 4 week period from the moment you come to your first class. This package cannot be refunded, cancelled, shared or transferred.
- No commitment Memberships. Client makes a one off payment for a 4 week block of classes.
- Memberships: Clients needs to sign a recurring payment form, payments are taken every 4 weeks. It is possible to freeze your membership.
Can we change our timetable?
We reserve the rights to add, change or remove classes and instructors without notice. The most up-to-date timetable will be available at our website, mobile app or Client Web App.
What about your health and injuries?
In registering to our classes, we assume you are in good physical condition to attend our classes and you know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not do active or passive exercise. LR team are not medically trained. They are not qualified to assess if you are in good physical condition and can exercise without risking your health, safety or comfort. If you have any doubts, we strongly urge you to seek expert advice before starting our dancing classes.
Allowing us to use your image.
We sometimes film or photograph classes, rehearsals, parties and other activities in our classes and events so it is possible that you will appear in these materials. By accepting your agreement, you allow us the unrestricted right and permission to use your image in printed or digital promotional materials as website, social media, flyers, banners and videos.
1.2 PAYMENTS – APPLICABLE TO ALL CLIENTS
- Full payment must be received prior to starting your class and there is no refund for absence.
- All prices include credit card and online fees.
- You must make sure there is enough money in your account on the payment day. You must tell us if you are transferring or closing your account, at least 48 hours before your next payment is due. You must tell us about any changes to your credit card, such as its expiry date or number, at least 48 hours before your next payment is due.
What happens if your payment is late or fails?
If you do not fully pay your fees on the due date, we will suspend your access to classes and the club facilities until your payments are up to date and you have successfully nominated an account or credit card for the next payment. There is a £12.50 administration fee for unsuccessful payments.
We will continue to debit your nominated account without notice, until we have received the total amount you owe us.
2.1 GENERAL TERMS – APPLICABLE TO LR MEMBERS
Note: Please also read terms for all clients above (1.1)
How do renewals work?
If you are on Membership we will automatically renew your membership on a four weeks to four weeks basis. If you do not wish to auto-renew your membership, please let us know at least 7 working days before your next payment is due.
Can I upgrade/downgrade my membership?
You can upgrade your membership at any point. If you would like to downgrade you need to let us know at least 7 working days before your next payment is due.
Can I cancel my membership?
Yes,you can cancel your membership at any point. Cancellation must be requested by email at least 7 working days in advance.
Can I transfer my membership?
Memberships cannot be transferred.
Losing you member’s card
In the event of having lost your members card which you are given at the start of your membership, you need to pay £5 in order to get a new card.
Member’s cards need to be returned at the end of your membership if you wish not to auto-renew or sign up for a new membership.
These major holidays are scheduled as no teaching dates and you will not be charged for these periods. Those brakes will be reminded to you via our social media channels or during classes.
Can you put your membership on hold?
Yes, all memberships can be put on hold for a Minimum length of 1 week and maximum length of 4 weeks every 6 months.
Before suspending your membership, you must make sure you don’t owe us any fees. Note that we cannot backdate any time freeze requests.
Are catch up classes allowed?
You can use the classes included in your membership option the way they better suits your schedule. For instance, If you miss a class the first week, you can use in any of the next three following weeks of your four week paid period. Classes do not rollover to the next four week paid period.
Cancelled course or classes
In the instance we cancel a course or a class we will either transfer you to another class, give you a credit or refund.
Public Holidays and unforeseen circumstances
LR reserves the right to cancel classes on public holidays. Cancellation of classes will be informed via our social media channels, at reception and during classes. There will be no discounts offered for that period.
LR reserves the right to cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances outside of LR control. There will be no discounts offered for that period.
2.2 PAYMENTS – APPLICABLE TO LR MEMBERS
Note: Please also read terms for all clients above (1.2)
You must make sure there is enough money in your account on the payment day. You must tell us if you are transferring or closing your account, at least 48 hours before your next payment is due. You must tell us about any changes to your credit card, such as its expiry date or number, at least 48 hours before your next payment is due.
Can we increase your fees?
We reserve the right to increase the fees of our memberships at any time. Any fee increase will only affect your membership after expiry date if you sign up for a new contract. We will make a reasonable effort to inform you and all students about any increase of fees in advance via email. If we don’t hear from you, we will consider that you have agreed with the new fees.
3.2 PAYMENTS – APPLICABLE TO NON-MEMBERS
All drop-in classes, bootcamps and workshops have to be pre-paid at the time of the booking unless stated otherwise.
These cannot be refunded, canceled, shared or transferred.
4. CLASS CODE
Respecting our facilities
You are responsible for using our facilities with care. Note that you will be responsible for any damage that you or your guests cause through a wilful act or negligence. Please also supervise children closely.
Keeping your belongings safe
Please keep your belongings safe and do not bring valuables into the club. Unfortunately, thefts do happen. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your belongings while you are at LR.
What happens if you break the code
We can refuse entry to anyone, if you act unreasonably or break the code. We may also warn you that you risk having your membership cancelled. If you continue to behave in the same way, we may refuse your attendance immediately. We can refuse your attendance without warning if you behave in a way that is risky or seriously inappropriate, such as:
- Threatening or harassing others
- Damaging premises
- Using illegal or performance-enhancing drugs
- Instructing other members when we have not authorised you to do so.
Change of location
We reserve the right to change the location of the school at anytime.
5. REFERRAL PROGRAM
- The referee will get 2 extra classes.
- The referred will get a Free Day Pass to be used within 1 month.
- The referred must be a new student at LR.
- The referral will only happen if the person has the referral card, which you can request from us during the classes.
- For the referral to be valid, the referred have to bring one of the referral cards with his name, the name of the referee and the date on it.
- The referee will receive the 2 extra classes only after their friend signs up and pays for one of our memberships or beginner courses.
- The referred will have a limited time of 1 month after the referee receives the card to use the free trial day and for the referee to get the 2 extra classes.
- Students that have previously used a Free Day Pass do not qualify to be referred.
6. MEMBERS END OF TERM CHOREOGRAPHY
- To participate in a choreography group the fee must be fully paid in advance.
- To participate in a choreography you must be a member of LR.
- We reserve the right of cancelling the choreos at any time.
- There will be limited spaces for each choreography, this number will be determined by the instructors.
- The minimum of couples/students to make a choreography will be established by the instructors.
- The participants will cover the price of any costume or accessories needed for the choreography. This will be kept at an inexpensive price.
- The participants commit to have their costumes finished and have all accessories needed for the choreography. Participants who fail to do so will not be able to participate in the performance.
7. PRIVATE CLASSES
- Price does include space hire if they are held at Latin Roots Academy.
- If you would like to hold classes at a different location, a fee for offsite location applies, contact us.
- All group privates must be paid upfront and in a single transaction.
- Packages must be paid upfront. Payment in instalments can be arranged.
- Private classes are non-refundable.
- 24h cancelation policy: if you cannot make the class you need to contact us 24h before to reschedule.
- If less than 24 hour notice is given, you will be charged for the lesson originally scheduled.
- Over 24h notice: class can be rescheduled at no cost.
- 5 classes package has to be used within 3 months max.
- 10 classes package has to be used within 5 months max.
8. LEGAL POLICIES
These terms and conditions and use of this website will be governed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. The Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this website.
The term Latin Roots or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
All courses, classes, workshops and performances are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event of cancellation of a class or workshop by Latin Roots and will not be issued for situations out with our control.
Latin Roots is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Latin Roots may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
61/1 Clerk Street, EH8 9JQ,